Sunday, February 15, 2015

So I did it....

Ok, so I did it! I posted my first blog, something that I said I would never do!

Never say Never.

~I was already praying about starting a blog and then asked by a college friend to start writing for a blog of one of our professors that we both grew tremendously under. So I prayed and thought and prayed and thought... and decided to humbly do this task. But I prayed that people would not be wowed by my words but be wowed by His words that restores the soul and has the power unto salvation.
~You see, I do believe there is a sense of comfort and protection when everyone doesn't know everything about you. So I never thought a blog would be good because what is the point if you can't be real...
I posted my first ever blog and I left wishing it was more real and not so much like I have all the answers. But if I go anymore real there is a vulnerability that comes with that. As Ann Graham Lots says"let the bible be your shield" and that is my thinking also, so you will see A Lot of scripture in my blogs. But when it comes to my opinion and thoughts or everyday events, I start to think of ; who is gonna read this? Am I gonna offend someone and wait not everyone know that about me! And when it comes to opinions and thoughts those things are not shielded like if I just gave you Scripture and stated this is what the Lord says! So do I know what this blog will develop into... No!  Will I offend someone... Maybe? Will others learn more about me... I don't know but in reality I pray they learn more about themselves and how the Jesus that is so Magnificent in my life can take someone like me(with all my weaknesses and flaws) and reach the world with the gospel.

Just a little input on this blog~ I am not posting things that I think others need to fix but what I see and have learned in my own walk through this broken world! So as you read my first post know that it comes from a span of about a year of trying to love the unlovable and trying to stop and love those closest to me as sometimes I feel like the broken world around me is falling on top of me and I have the deep feeling of not stopping till I fix everything and put in back in place! BUT I will come to learn over and over again I can't and it really is all about Love! Love speaks truth when it is the hardest to speak and gives grace when it is the hardest to give!

1 comment: