Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Simple encouragement that will impact the rest of your life!




SMILE!!




MY simple encouragement today is something I was taught at an early age and retaught through this adventure and that is to remember to smile! I am reminding you as I have been reminded! You would think something so simple we would not need to reminded to do... 

It changes your perspective, attitude(no,those two are not the same), your heart and even your voice! IF you don’t believe me read a book to a little one and start without smiling and a little ways in start to just smile and watch the book and the eyes of that little one come to life! I do believe that a smile can reveal the joy that is within you! And Joy is something you can have when all is right and also in your deepest darkest times! You should never underestimate the importance of a smile! It can change the hardest people and situations, to a softer more manageable experience! 

I also believe that through a simple smile it lets our light shine before all men! I often wonder sometimes those who proclaim Christ and the Power of the Gospel to save and give life, NEVER smile! Don’t they have something to be happy about! Don’t they know that He has overcome this world and though it is broken he has placed His powerful Spirit within those that believe, to overcome! 

We all have been influenced by those that always smile and enjoy life. Not that they never have trials or tribulations but they seek their Joy from the one that is above circumstances and people, and there they find the Giver of life and life abundantly! 

Don’t get me wrong there is a time for grief and sadness, yet we all long for that person that can make us smile during those difficult times also! It also makes our hearts glad when someone that should be sad beyond despair is wearing their best accessory ~ a smile! Why does that encourage us? Because we know that the source is the Lords strength and that person made a choice to receive that strength. 

So, I encourage you give joy to those around you! To your neighbors,friends and most of all your family! Let your husband and your kids just see you smile at them to relay the message that you love them for just being them! Trust me they will get the message! 
The times I don’t have the strength to give anymore of me… a simple smile goes a long way!

A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, but when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken Proverbs 15:13

More on Joy! check this out
http://www.glorybooks.org/joy-a-fruit-of-the-spirit/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment